| |
 |
|

|
 |
|
 |
Palazzo Leti Sansi - Festival Venue
This Neoclassical building was constructed at the beginning of the 17th century and is enriched by a stone portal elegantly decorated. In the 90s it was accurately restored and destined to culture and exhibitions. |
|
 |
|
 |
National Archaeological Museum (Museo Archeologico Nazionale)
Located in the homonymous Benedictine monastery os Sant´Agata of the 14th century, this museum hosts findings recovered from the town’s excavations in the fortress area and surroundings (including Campello sul Clitunno). Among the epigraphs, a very important discovery for the town’s history: the “lex spoletina”, a law prohibiting the cutting of trees in two sacred woods of the area, an inscription dated 3rd century b.C. Among the portraits, all dated between the 1st and 3rd century, the most important are those considered to be Augustus and Julius Caesar. A pre-protohistoric division presents important relics of the Bronze and Iron Ages. Via Sant’Agata, 18 – Visiting hours 9am-7:30pm, open 7 days. Tel. +39-0743-223277. |
|
 |
|
 |
San Paolo inter vineas
Active since the 6th century, it was restored in 1234 in Romanic style. Inside, there’s an important fresco cycle of the time, while the cloister is dated 10th century. |
|
 |
|
 |
Towers Bridge (Ponte delle Torri)
A connection between the Fortress and Monteluco, the bridge is 76 mt. (250 feet) tall and 230 mt. (755 feet) long, and offers a breathtaking sight over the surrounding hills and the Tessino River. Made in local tuff, the dating is uncertain, perhaps sometime between the 13th and 15th century, and most probably in substitution of a previous bridge of the Roman period. It also served as an aqueduct and as protection, thanks to two control towers. |
|
 |
|
 |
San Pietro
Founded in the 5th century to host a relic of St. Peter’s chains, it was rebuilt in the 12th century with a façade rich of relieves that represent the most important example of Romanic sculpture in Umbria. The interior was restored in 1699. |
|
 |
|
 |
Sant’Eufemia
Located within the walls of the Episcopal Palace, it was rebuilt during the Romanic age and restored in 1800. The three aisles (a nave and two side aisles) presents the only “women’s gallery” of the Umbria Region and a remarkable altar frontal in marble with 13th-century bas-reliefs.
|
 |
|
|
|
|